Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chicago Continued....

After the Oprah show we of course had to take some pictures in front of her studio sign to prove that we had been there! Then we walked across the street to her store. She has so many fun things that I could have purchased but didn't think I should spend everything we have in one spot! We then took a cab to find a Chicago style pizza place. We ended up at Giordano's! It was FABULOUS pizza with so much cheese I thought I was going to choke on it at one point! It was so good though.



Then we made our way to the Magnificent Mile to do some shopping. We went into some stores that I would NEVER be able to afford anything in! Nieman Marcus had a trike so fancy I would be afraid to let my kid ride it!



We shopped most of the afternoon and then made our way back to the hotel to retrieve our bags. We hung around the hotel while we changed clothes, checked in for our flight and put some comfy shoes on. Then we made our way back to the train station. While we were on the way back to the airport the three of us were seated on opposite sides of the door in the car. Some guy comes in the back door from the next car and has his kid in a kind of choke hold. He says to everyone in a very loud voice so that the whole car could hear that him and his 'son have fallen on hard times. I do no kind of drugs or drink alcohol. If anyone could help us out we would appreciate it.' From the way he started his 'speech' we were thinking that he was going to hold us all up! He proceeded through the car and a few people gave him some money. I made sure not to make eye contact at all! He continued on to the next car through a door that was 'for emergencies only.'

Our flight back to MSP went smoothly and we got off the plane and ended up not remembering what parking lot we were in so we got into an area for the wrong two lots. We knew we were on level 2 so at least we remembered that but it was a laughable experience.

All in all it was a very fun trip...even if it was so short. I will have to go back now to see all the things that I didn't get a chance to...like the Navy Pier, Sears Tower.



No comments:

Post a Comment