Thursday, July 15, 2010

Parenting

I always thought I would be a good parent and I like to think that I am most of the time but sometimes I just really think I SUCK! I feel like I have no control of what is going on around here with the kids sometimes. I feel like I don't know what technique to try next and am at my wits end.

Having a 4.5 year old is hard. I would have said that when Blake was that age but it is nothing compared to raising a 4.5 year old Avery! The child just comes with all new challenges. One of our biggest seems to be napping and bed time. No matter how tired the kid is he always seems to find a way to stall. Now some of you are probably thinking that at 4.5 he no longer needs a nap...well let me tell you he does! I know my children and Blake still takes naps. All I'm asking for is a short nap...just to take the edge off. However that is not on his agenda. It is so stressful that sometimes I just lose it! Today is a good example. I get so frustrated and start to yell...well who can go to sleep after just getting chewed out? Probably pretty hard but apparently I expect it anyway.

Sometimes I just wish I had Super Nanny here to tell me how to deal with these kids. I'm sure that wouldn't solve the world's problems but man it would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment