Thursday, February 17, 2011

Confessions

Alright everyone I am here to confess!  I put on a facade that I am with it and organized and ambitious but I think I will feel better to get this off my chest.  Let me tell you about my house right now...

Kitchen:  I just finished sweeping and mopping my kitchen floor for the first time in probably two weeks.  I don't even necessarily sweep it every week which I will admit is kinda icky but hey I can't do it all.  Along with the dirty floor my countertops are also cluttered.  There is a never-ending stash of clean dishes on the counter because our dishwasher is portable and a pain to wash so it is easier to wash dishes by hand sometimes.  And speaking of said dishwasher it too is covered with many items.  It seems to be our 'catch-all' area!

Bathroom:  As we are busy waiting for construction to begin on the main bathroom I have done as little cleaning in it as possible since it will soon be a disaster area anyway.  The shower hasn't been used since our curtain rod broke about a month ago and we decided we could just live with using the basement one instead of buying a new one for only 4-6 weeks of use. 

Living Room:  The carpet in here could certainly use a cleaning with all the spit up, dog pee, baby drool and formula dribbled on it.  The furniture has not been dusted in at least 3 weeks and I am hoping to convince my 7 year old to do it for me.

Bedrooms:  These are not too bad although the dusting has not been done in a while.  The kids' rooms are kind of cluttered because they don't like to put things away and my organization skills have apparently not rubbed off on them:) 

So for those of you who think I have it all together please know I don't!  I feel much better getting this all off my chest and hope that having everyone know this about my house will give me the motivation to get it all figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment